UBSC’s Publications team produces print and online publications, including The North Texan – UNT’s alumni magazine -- that keep alumni and university friends informed about
news and events happening at UNT. Primary publications include:
- The North Texan, UNT's alumni magazine, distributed to about 205,000 alumni, university friends,
faculty and staff each quarter. The magazine is designed to help build the bond between
alumni and UNT by instilling pride and showing the UNT family that the institution
and its alumni are making a mark in the world with their unique talents and contributions
to business, science, industry and the arts.
- UNT Research, an annual magazine and dynamic website that highlights the cutting-edge research
and creative activities happening in UNT laboratories, classrooms and libraries. The
website is updated regularly and accompanied by a monthly e-newsletter, which like
the printed piece, is distributed to higher education leaders and researchers; national,
state and regional legislators; leaders and executives of foundations and corporations
that sponsor research.
- UNT Insider, UNT's monthly e-newsletter from the university president to alumni and friends.
The Insider connects readers to UNT by giving them timely and candid information directly
from the university president. It is as personable as possible and gives readers the
"inside scoop," straight from the top.
- President's News Roundup, a bi-weekly e-newsletter from the university president to business and opinion leaders,
legislators, select government entities as a tool for him to "brag about" UNT and
show its progress by highlighting media hits, news releases and stories from other
- All About UNT, the university's preeminent overview brochure for the on-campus community to share
as UNT ambassadors and for special visitors to campus. The publication includes top
brag points illustrating that UNT is a high-quality university with nationally recognized
excellence in academics, the arts and athletics.